Sunday, February 3, 2013

Best of luck or worst luck ever

This weekend welcomed in February and along with it another sinus infection. I am most miserable when I get sick like this and find it nearly impossable to accomplish most things. Luckaly for me I have wonderful quilt helpers when I did feel good enough to work on my ongoing projects.
As long as I was willing to work around them and pay the occasional petting toll I was alowed to have my project. I worked on the paper piecing project most of the weekend but I am hoping to finish up my t-shirt quilt I have been collecting the elements on for the last year.
(again with the helpfulness Mr. O'Maley). I realized I am one shirt short, so this project gets pushed to the side again but this will be easily remidied soon. I did manage to finish up the pp top and now only need to add the boarders.

I couldn't get a good picture of the whole top so I broke it into 2 pictures. I wanted to see how it would fall on the bed -- just about the right size.
As for my luck situation -- the tax finance issue is still prevelent. Thoes of you that have been reading my blog for the last few weeks know that I am looking for a featherweight machine or a good deal on an embroidery machine. I had all but given up on these options at this time and last week I went to High Point for a dental apt and stopped in Dragnfly Quilt shop. While I was there I asked about featherweights and if they knew of anyone that was looking to sell one (this shop does not sell machines but I thought they might know someone for me to contact) -- she didn't know of anyone right off but suggested that I try a machine shop in Kernersville. Off I go -- and low and behold not only did he have one that was in good shape but it was a white one waiting to be serviced before sale. The deal wasn't a bad one but it wasn't something that I could do at this time.

Blog Hop Hugs and Kisses is coming up soon and I need to start working on finishing up that pink quilt I made a few weeks back but first I think another nap is in order the antihistamines are kicking in. Not a super productive weekend but I am happy with the progress that I was able to make along with these goodies that I made this weekend since I was home.

Zuccini Breads
 Sausage Gravy and biscuits

As always -- Happy Quilting

4 comments:

  1. Your PP quilt looks great. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the colors in your PP quilt can't wait to see what you do with the borders. I hope that you feel better soon! Welcome to blog land. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Beautiful quilt!!! Love your kitties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the star wars tee shirt quilt....my husband would freak out to have that

    ReplyDelete