Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Curve ball, a Win, a Delay and re found Team Spirit


This weekend I spent a good deal of time in the sewing room catching up on my Bible Studies blocks offered through The Quilter's Loft  I was more blocks behind than I thought and ended up putting together 7 blocks instead of the 4 I thought I was behind on. Then this week they threw us a curve ball and released 3 more blocks. I have 2 finished already because I precut the pieces over lunch and sewing went quickly. I have one more cut but some of the pieces are tiny – there is a flying goose piece that will be about an inch and a half on the long side when finished and there are 4 of them in the block. Can’t wait to show you all how that works out. Here is a pick of the blocks I have finished (prior to these last 3). As I have mentioned I am making these out of only scraps of neutrals which I feel is making them more interesting.

Also this weekend I worked on my Easiest Sew along Ever Project that is being hosted by Kim who blogs over at http://www.windsorandmain.com/. I again went to my scraps for this one because we were using what we had to see what we could create. I took it a little further and did a random open in a magazine to determine my project. So far this is my progress and I am happy to report that I was selected as the midpoint giveaway recipient and look forward to all those goodies that are coming my way. Now I have to keep plugging along and finish it up by the end of the month. Candy Crush Quilt

I still need to work on the Zakka project for the guild meeting coming up in less than 2 weeks – that’s a project for this weekend. Here’s my inspiration project from Pinterest. Can’t say much more about it because she might be reading but I will post pictures at the end of the month once she receives her gift.

Thanks again for everyone that helped pull me out of the funk I was feeling after the poor response at my last event. I am doing a smaller even this Friday in Yadkinville on Main Street by the Art Gallery (if the weather holds out) – there will be music, wine, food and crafts what more could a person ask for. If you want details, message me or check out this posting on facebook

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got your groove back. My quilts finally got returned & I have finished a big custom quilting project for a friend. I am ready to start something NEW!

    ReplyDelete