Monday, June 3, 2013

She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey hey hey

June will be a moth of progress and completed projects – I can feel it. This weekend I worked on a few different projects and feel good about the progress that was made. I’m working on a new guild charity quilt that I hope to finish up before the guild meeting. I was inspired by the report that the quilts are well received especially the brighter ones so I am working on hour glass blocks in bold and bright colors to make into a lap quilt or maybe 2 depending on how many blocks I end up with.
I also quilted my Elephant parade Quilt this weekend and will be putting the binding on this week. It has been in my UFO pile for a while now and I am pleased with how it’s shaping up.
I also started on a few mug rugs for a custom order this weekend. She’s a local fabric artist in Yadkinville and loved what I started for her so I got a few weeks to get those together before the next Yadkinville event on the 21st

 I am still working on finding a few more events to attend in the upcoming months and need to now narrow down the events list that I have compiled --- I’m kind a worried that quilts won’t sell that well when it’s 90 degrees outside and some of these events can be pricy to attend.

So with the proclamation of June being a month of progress – what are the goals?
  •          Complete elephant parade quilt (just binding)
  •          Complete city view quilt (half quilting and then finish work)
  •          Complete t-shirt quilt (quilt and bind)
  •          Complete baby clothes project sampler (I get such a interest in quilts made from baby clothes at events I have decided to make up a sample)
  •          Continue keeping pace with the block of the month and block of the week projects – new blocks tomorrow with the BOM and another with the BOW tonight (this will put me 3 behind but I like doing a few at a time)
  •          Complete custom Mug Rug order (by 6/21)
  •          Father’s day project for FIL (oh my that's the 16th) 
  •          Hourglass charity quilt (or 2) -- next meeting is 6/25
  •          Craftsy BOM project
  •          Baby block 
  •         Determine schedule for upcoming shows -- ASAP
Lofty goals I know – but I like a challenge.

Happy Quilting Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment