Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Spectacular Spectacular!

September kicked off with a 3 day weekend and boy was it a great one. I know many people are sad because Labor day means the end of summer and to approaching Fall but for me I prefer the cooler weather and changing of the seasons when things seem to go at least a little slower, you know at least until the holidays. 

Friday evening I finished up the bonus block of the month block and worked on a few string blocks. I'm ready for the block of the month meeting tonight. 
Saturday morning I headed out to Yadkinville to set up as a vendor at a new little shop Whispers and Wings and met up with a quilting buddy Teri to go plunder the antique shops. (I found these bowls but didn't get them).
The rest of the weekend was devoted to laboring, but only doing the labor of love -- quilting. I have a few projects that are in the works and a few finishes. 
8 string blocks (now up to 33)
This was me (and Angie) attempting to show it off at the guild meeting last week (prebinding). Note I am standing on a chair and still not able to touch the top (such a shortie). 
Binding on City Scape is complete. I will be taking it out later this week and getting some better pictures. 

I was commissioned by a guy at work to make 2 baby quilts for twin grand kids that are being born in a few short months. I have a deadline of Friday to finish the binding on these cuties. 
It's a good thing that little girl quilt was embroidered or I may be tempted to keep it for myself. I am super happy that my new machine is exceeding my expectations she quilts amazingly and I can't wait to try out more embroidery work.

There are a few other things I need to work on this month and get ready in time for the Asheboro Fall Festival so I am hoping to keep up this momentum throughout the month. 

My Monthly Goals Include
Complete Jim's Quilt 
Catch up on Block of the week (12 behind) 
Quilt T shirt quilt (by 9/23)
Guild Pillow Swap Item (due 9/24)
Make items for Asheboro festival
Complete crochet critters 
Happy Quilting Everyone and may national sewing month be prosperous for you. 

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are all just beautiful! I love the stars on City Scape. And the two baby quilts are adorable. Good luck with your list!

    Stopping by through Linky Tuesday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastico! Those bowls cost too much, IMO ;) Angie looks skeered, LOL! I wanna see your t-shirt quilt... guess I will look back for it. Was it hard or fun to do? I am making 4, maybe 5 in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete