Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Quilty Secrets

13 Spools

I'm sure many of you have seen these postings around but I do find them entertaining and thought provoking so I decided it was time to create my own.
  1. my sewing room must be clean for me to be able to sew or I can't focus. I often get asked if my room is staged for photos and the honest answer is no, it really is that clean all the time. 
  2. I machine bind everything 
  3. I don't do handwork -- no hand quilting, cross stitch, or embroidery. I don't EPP or Applique either-- it's not happening. 
  4. My quilting is done at one speed, full throttle -- or maybe one speed lower if I am free motion quilting 
  5. I never buy fabric online that I haven't seen in person -- I've also never bought an entire fabric line (except for precuts).
  6. My sewing machine has a favorite thread that works best and really doesn't like the expensive popular kid. 
  7. I don't buy fabric based on designer, I like to support some of my favs but I don't feel obligated to buy based on the name attached. 
  8. I don't Press -- I iron and I use lots of steam in the process. I also loath pressing seams open 
  9. I hate pinning -- whether it's block pieces or in basting. When I do pin baste it's a minimum of 6 inches apart. 
  10. I mix fabrics, like a big salad -- batik, modern, solids, vintage, cutsie, novelty, quilt shop, Walmart, Joanns  -- they are all free game for being in the same quilt.
Now I feel better -- 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got that off your chest and feel better. My list is very similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! So sorry about the handwork and sending you that little cross stitch kit. Maybe you an gift it to someone that would like it. I certainly don't mind at all.

    ReplyDelete