Monday, November 3, 2014

I knew that I could do it, I knew it, I knew it!

And indeed I did!!

OK, enough with the show tunes -- I swore last week that I would accomplish something this weekend and the results are pretty great. 2 finishes that are ready to ship, a commission quilt that is only needing binding, the pair of commission quilts that are coming along.

  • finishes -- Hogwarts swap 
  • and IG Mini Swap 
  • Thanksgiving quilt just needs binding attached 
  • Grandma's clothes (2 quilts) -- waiting to make the smaller circles or another pair of large ones depending on what the customer decides. These tops will either be two large circles each or a large and 2 small circles.

  • I worked on getting backing together for Rush hour and a charity quilt that I forgot was in my pile -- I hope to at least baste these this week 
  • I'm still waiting on more blocks for the charity challenge quilt -- hopefully I get those today. 
  • Medallion quilt still sits waiting to be quilted --- after the thanksgiving quilt I didn't have the energy to wrestle another one under the needle and my machine was acting up, bending and breaking needles. 


  • I spent some time playing in my stash and transferring the yardage onto comic boards and refolding the smaller cuts so that I will be better able to see what all I do have and enjoy it. 




Some things that I did not work on this weekend 
-- Christmas Quilt (early/mid December)
-- Disney Swap (early January) -- I did buy fabric for it though
-- Baby Quilt Commission (Mid January) 
-- Bitches stitches swap (March 2015) 
-- Scrappy Trip along Blocks
-- Bible Studies blocks 

I hope that this is a slower week and that I am able to spend a little time each night in the sewing room and will be able to keep up this momentum -- who knows you guys may get another blog posting out of me this week. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the pattern for the mini - so cute. I have never seen a needle bent like that - oh, my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look amazing!! :) So happy the recipe worked for you!! <3 Happy Baking!
    ~Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum! My birthday is May 11th, hint hint! I love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your IGminiswap is awesome!! And your Hogwarts one is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are comic boards and where do you get them? This looks like a good way to handle stash. kthurn@bektel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah to you for getting so much accomplished. I hope that continues for you.

    ReplyDelete