Thursday, December 4, 2014

All things Magical -- Hogwarts Swap

For the Hogwarts Swap I was really luck to get a partner that loves Harry Potter as much as I do and we have several things in common when it comes to the magical world. My partner is @creativecatie on Instagram and she was super helpful in liking all the things that I posted and providing lots of information on her details sheet for the swap.

I had a difficult time at first narrowing down what I wanted to make for her but in the end I decided that my large project would be a throw pillow -- I enlarged a paper piece block that I found @ Fandom in Stitches and then added some boarders and embroidery.
I'm very happy with the quilting on this one -- simple swirly paisly in the lion and stonework in the black background part. 

A part of the Hogwarts Swap was sending bought items as well and you all know how I love to buy extra goodies for my partners. I got her a few things from Hot Topic (and a few other places).
And then a few more goodies here and there that I know she's going to love when she gets them (mostly because we've already talked about them on Instagram -- she just didn't know it at the time).
I'm starting to get better about my packaging and wrapping things when I send them but on this swap I just went for it and here's a picture of her cauldron of goodies.
I packaged everything up and set the cauldron a blaze 
Well, I'm sure you are all eagerly wanting to know her response right????
I think she's pretty happy about things.

Now I get to wait and see what kind of lovliness will be heading my way -- I've got my eye on a few things that I have seen teasers about. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I love this pillow... it's pure fantasticness! The cauldron is brilliant. On fire and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lucky swap partner. That Gryffindor pillow is perfection, I love the red swirly background and metallic thread you used for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete