Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Valentines Weekend, a Migraine and a snow day

This past weekend was filled with lots of celebrations, challenges and sewing. 

Saturday was Valentines Day and that included a special trip to The Little General  to pick up some very special lovelies. Gina loves Anna Maria Horner so I knew that she would have Folk Song but what I didn't expect to find was that lovely large piece of Tula Pink Acacia. (about 10 yards added to the stash) 
Saturday we also spent some time just hanging out together and it was nice. Since the change in his job we don't get much time to just hang out. 

Sunday was a sew in with some of my sewing buddies -- this was a blast. I got quite a few things accomplished as far as swaps go and i got my bee blocks for this month finished which was nice but I also managed to complete my Dissapearing Hourglass blocks and started on a layout. It's a good thing I took a picture because the cats started acting crazy and knocked them down. 
I'm still working on the modern building blocks -- I really like how this one came out but now it's back to more cutting so that I will be able to hopefully whip up at least 10 more blocks this month. 
Monday was a migraine day -- where you wake up at 4 with a migraine and hope that the meds kick in before you have to go to work in a few hours. With the cold front coming in on top of the migraine it didn't happen so I took a sick day. I got to feeling mostly normal by lunch so the afternoon was spent pricing some items for the yard sale and thinking about upcoming swaps. 

The Hubs and I also started to disassemble the spare Featherweight that I got from a friend about 6 months ago, after she found it in a junk pile outside in preparation for repainting. 
The snow rolled in mid afternoon and turned quickly to turned to sleet. which meant no work on Tuesday -- time to wrap up some projects or write several blog postings. Now it's a matter of waiting to be able to share them with all of you. The week's half done and it's back to work for me but that means I've got merely 2 and a half work days till the lock in on Friday night at my LQS. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretties you added to your stash. So sorry about the migraine. I had one recently myself that lasted 1 1/2 days. Ugh. I can't wait to see what you've been up to at the lock in.

    ReplyDelete