Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bee Blocks for March

Last week I had a huge pile of things that went out in the mail -- several swaps, a custom order, a few pay it forwards but also my Bee Blocks went out. 

We Be Learning blocks went to Deb and she chose ribbon stars. This is a block I had not made before and while they are lovely I don't know that I want to make them again. She said think Spring, I know these are all going to look great when put together. 

We bee with it blocks were for Celeste and she chose wonky star 16 patches -- this block is so much fun to put together and see what can be done with scraps. She wanted a blue and greens one and an all pinks one. These blocks are great and definitely something that I could see my self using many more of my scrap squares to make. 

Stash Bee blocks were made for Robin and she wanted it to be Half Square Mania -- any block as long as it was all HSTs. I managed to flip flop a couple of my blocks and ended up with same fabric touching but I still like the result. 

These bee blocks are becoming one of my favorite things to make each month. The We bee learning and we bee with it are only 6 month hives and it's hard to think that in a few short months they will be done -- perhaps I will sign up for the next round as well. I was hive queen last month and all my blocks have trickled in and I had to make a few more to round everything out but here is the result so far. 
I get the be queen again in June and then in September and I am so happy that I chose to do these blocks for all of them because this quilt is going to be AWESOME. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks for your swaps. And I like the new look of your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to making some blocks for you soon!

    ReplyDelete