Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Kitten MQS

Another cat themed swap? Why yes, don't mind if I do.

This time I made for Jeana Schaaf, (@jeanaschaaf) she loves bright colors, rainbows and Japanese themed things --- now who does that sound like?

Initially I pulled out all my cat fabrics that I had on hand -- I'm supposed to be sewing my stash after all.However, Nothing felt quite right and I thought about it for a while and contemplated making her a mini of rainbow kitty heads and had almost settled on this idea and then I went to the annual quilt show in Statesville and I found something that was absolutely perfect for me (i mean her).

I had already decided that I was going to do a pattern called apple pie by Sew What Sherlock and now I had my focal point and it was time to play with color so I pulled out some other lovelies to go with my perfect fabric.

I whipped her up and this was the outcome. You all know how prone I am to making modifications when putting a pattern together (and sometimes I ignore the pattern all together).
I went with a simple --- for my quilting and here she is all finished up and ready to ship. 
Now swaps aren't the same to me without extras -- so here's what I found for her and her fur babies.

Her response -------

Now it's time to wait and see what I receive -- I'll be putting all my received packages together in a big post once the four of them arrive by mid April.  

2 comments: