Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spring Fling Mini Swap

I know you all are starting to think all I ever do is make swaps and bee blocks lately and really it's starting to feel that way. 

This one was all about spring time and I was partnered up to make for Kimberly Russell (@kipperson) who loves Amy Butler and the color purple. I am a fan of some of Amy Butler but not a super fan so I searched around and found out that there isn't a whole lot of purple in Amy Buttler (at least what I was able to find) but I did find this lovely fabric -- 
and did the rest of my fabric pull from there (mostly stash). 
Being in the Spring theme I wanted to make something that looked like a flower so I went for a paper pieced Dresden, then I added to it to make it really special.  
I added some quilting, this was my first time using invisible thread and I seriously love it and I love the results.


and so does Kimberly. 
She liked me extras that I threw in, too. 

Be sure to check out all the great minis that I've gotten in the last 6 weeks in my other post. 

2 comments: