Thursday, March 17, 2016

March City Sampler check in

For the February linky I kinda cheated a little and whipped up 13 blocks in one evening -- after the link up went live but before the end of the week. I had the blocks precut and ready but other things were taking away my focus. My goal heading into the next month was to complete the 9 remaining blocks and start to assemble the rows. I was thinking that a completed quilt top might be aiming a little high with the other goals and things in the works. So, how did it all work out? 

block 62 -- # 84

block 63 -- # 89
block 64 -- # 92
block 65 -- # 8
block 66 -- # 15
block 67 -- # 45
block 68 -- # 51
block 69 -- # 64
block 70 -- # 54

So my goal of all 70 was obtained as a part of #quiltnon16 a super fun online group of people not going to quilt con. That left me with another 3.5 weeks to see what I could manage as far as rows.


I finally pulled all the blocks out of my book and all the sticky tabs so that I could renumber the block layout and discovered that I actually made 71 blocks some how so I guess that's better than being short. 
I decided to try laying them out in book order and think I generally like the color balance and flow but I haven't yet decided if I will be moving any of them around or really what I am going to do about the extra block. 
(sorry for this poor photo I laid them out on the floor of my office one afternoon at lunch time). 

I have my background fabric ready and want to start making rows very soon. 

Can't wait to see what all you other creative ladies have accomplished this month, who knows maybe next month I will have rows or a quilt top but I think that this one may be heading out to the longarmer. 

2 comments:

  1. You can always put the extra on the back. Love all your little fussy cut Tula bits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't wait to see this finished. I'm so sorry again that I missed the linky parties. It is all the fault of the giant time suck that is Girl Scout cookie season. But thankfully it is all over this weekend so I'll be able to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete