Monday, August 22, 2016

Star Mini Quilt Swap

I've been at the swapping game again and this time the theme was stars -- there are so many great star blocks out there that it was hard to narrow this one down but then I remembered a pattern that I had won a while back that really seemed appropriate for this person. I had a few perimeters to go by -- like she liked blues and greens so I pulled out Simple Celestial by From Blank Pages and determined that scrappy was the way to go on this one. 
I made 4 blocks of the 9 inch version and really love how things shaped up for the final result. 

There's even some fun fussy cutting involved. 
This lovely is headed off to live in California with Alex 

This was my 2nd finish for the quarter and one of my August OMG goals. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is awesome! It looks so great altogether with the white frame! Lucky lucky Alex :), she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool and I love the colors too! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts

    ReplyDelete