Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Don't get tangled up in the spiderwebs

I've always been intrigued by the spiderweb quilt blocks that I've seen and this year I decided that I would have one of my bee hives make blocks up so that i would finally have one. I've been a part of the triple bee swap where we make 3 blocks each per month for the queen and I was the queen in January. I loved having all the blocks come rolling in and I made a big batch as well. 
I got it all assembled and sent off to Charlene for quilting after the Stash Bash retreat. She went with a fun geometric pattern and it turned out great. 
My good friend Teri was having some down time after a knee replacement so I asked if she wanted to bind it for me -- and she awesomely said yes.

I was so glad to get it back before Halloween cause I think it's a good fall pallet and around here temps are starting to be in the 40's and 50's in the evenings and I do love a cuddly quilt. 

The only thing better is a cuddly cat to go with the cuddly quilt and as a matter of fact I have a few of those as well, including my sweet little orphan baby Miss Lula Roe. She's about 6 weeks old and finally over 2 lbs after having been with us for a month from less than a pound when I found her. 

This is my 1st finish of the 4th quarter. 

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the bright colors with the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilt and adorable kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. spider block is one of my favourites, and it looks really strong against the grey

    ReplyDelete